Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Read

I am loving Stephenie Meyer's new book "The Host". It's quite a different story from Twilight, and it's similar in the way of when your telling someone the story out loud it sounds retarded like Twilight... but she just sucks you right in just the same. There is no Edward though. This is more adultish too. Somewhere along the lines of a Stephen King or Dean Koontz book, which I used to read a lot of too.

Read it if you dare...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash...sorry about the lack of invite from Trav. It was a small bbq with just 4 of us and our wives/kids...and by the way, I called you weak, not lame! Big difference (not really). I did hear a funny story about you though. Funny how I have to black mail my way to get on certain friends "friends list"...lol
jt

Chanté said...

I want to read this! But I'm a scardy cat! Did you see the Harvest moon tonight? doo-doo doo-doo (that's a scary sound for the scary book!)

Christa said...

I have this book sitting in a closet just waiting for me to pick it up. Can't wait to start it!

Trav and Linds said...

Sorry about the BBQ! Trav knows he's in trouble for not inviting more people, so we'll have to do it again. We went to the picnic part of the reunion, but couldn't make it to the dinner. Cute pic's of your girls, your fam is adorable!

Shauna said...

What exquisite little fairies! :) This is Shauna, Aubrey's friend. Your mom gave me your blog yesterday, hope you don't mind. Hope all is well with you and your fam. My blog is www.expandingortons.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I just finished Host a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. Spencer is going to read it this week. :)

Allison said...

How in the world do you find time to read with three kids?? I'm struggling with the one? I'll put it on my list though for "someday"!

Lesley said...

Ahhh the Host. Loved it! It is going to be a triliogy which makes me so excited! I love how Mrs. Meyers plays so well on your emotions, such a brilliant author!

Dave and Marie said...

I just caved and read the Twilight, I'm going to look this week for The Host. She is such a fantastic Author. I just can't believe how real these characters become.

Cathy said...

I loved this book! She really is amazing. I couldn't put it down until I was done.